Sunday, July 18, 2010

What is the Victory of a Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?

"Insanity is the only sane reaction to an insane society.” ~Thomas Szas

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”


You know that moment when the ball of pain in your chest is teetering on the edge. One way- it consumes you, you give up, you cry. The other- you tilt your head back, flip off the world and the pain, and keep moving no matter the price. Which choice did you make? I chose the first for a small amount of time. I knew I wouldn't get the dream that I had dreamed of for years so I quit. -A big mistake that I soon rectified.

But like the great Paul Newman and Tennessee Williams once said, "What is the victory of a Cat on a Hot Tin roof?"

Well, I am going to follow Liz Taylor's example and stay on this Hot Tin Roof as long as I freaking can. I am going to hold my head up and not sleep with a box of tissues. It is brutal but I am going to do it and somehow along the way I am going to piece myself back together. I am a terrible seamstress but maybe I will learn how to keep the stitches straight. With friends, chocolate, bad movies, and possibly- carefully screened dating. I'm sure I'll at least get a laugh out of it.

How? I have no idea. Right now the only goal is to keep breathing. I will be strong and if I crash in a blaze of fiery insanity, no one can say I didn't try.

~Evangaline

1 comment:

  1. How many times a day do I stop and breathe in deep and wonder how much more "give" I have in me before I resort to a path designed with less integrity? Dunno. Can't count anymore. You just keep going. The triumph of the human spirit :-)

    ReplyDelete