Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Game Plan.

"Anger always comes from frustrated expectations”
~ Elliott Larson

"Anger is not bad. Anger can be a very positive thing, the thing that moves us beyond the acceptance of evil.”
~ Joan Chittister


I have given you all a small glimpse into my -admittedly short- love life. Something I am not sure I have gotten across so far is HOW ANGRY I AM about it. Every time I think about how men have handled me I want to break something. (Preferably their precious penis.) I have my issues sure but the way I have been treated is NOT something I deserve. So I am cynical and angry. What a prize, eh? I wouldn't go as far as actually castrating a man .... but I dream of it. Often. My first boyfriend was verging on sexually abusive (we don't talk about him much) and my second major boyfriend was a depressive and was great when he was great but brutal when he wasn't. Then you know about this last heartbreak. I'm sick of them breaking my heart and just walking away.

So I have a plan. *grin*

Ever seen I hate Valentine's Day? No? Ok, quick synopsis: A woman (actress in My Big Fat Greek Wedding) doesn't want a relationship. She has a system where she goes on dates with men to get her romance, sex, fun, testosterone kick. BUT there is a rule. She only goes on five dates. Yes, five. Then it's over - no hard feelings you part ways. Everybody knows there is an expiration date and that makes each date sweeter and there is not commitment or pressure. Well, guess what? I'm going to do this too.

Oh yeah, I am going to go out this weekend and make my first attempt in a long time to get a date but a special kind of date. I will tell them up front how it is going to be and if they are interested I'll be in business. Of course, I may crash and burn. It'll be an adventure, that's for sure. =) Wish me luck.

~Evangaline

2 comments:

  1. Let me know how it goes. I've sworn off men for a year. Dating anyway. I'll still talk to them to see if they are worth listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely will. But between the two of us, I think you have the better plan.

    ReplyDelete