Friday, July 16, 2010

Frigid: I hate that word.

"I have one genius dog, and one stupid dog, and the stupid dog gets the most attention because he's loud. That is my metaphor for life." ~ Gail Simone

I'm often called cynical, cold... no- frigid, and that if I were just warmer and more open I wouldn't have these dating problems. I am cynical I can't argue that but the fact that I don't fall at every man's feet begging for a relationship does not make me frigid. If I don't respond immediately to their attention they usually don't bother because I am difficult. News Flash: Everybody is difficult. I am worth more effort than a single pick up line! I hate games and that is all dating is. Flick your hair this way, flex this muscle, say this, do that, only let them know this much, flirt, be cute, be manly.... lie. It is insane how much a person will tangle themselves up just to date. I don't do it. If I like you, I tell you. If I am not interested, I tell you. I hate pretending to be something I'm not. And you want to hear something funny? The truth scares men away from me. Honesty is so foreign to the dating world that it has become a game ender. How sad is that?

It is a natural reaction that once you touch a hot burner you don't do it again. I still want to cook I just don't want to go to the emergency room afterwards. So what if I'm cautious?! Caution is healthy for someone like me but that doesn't mean that I hate men. Well, I do sometimes but not forever. (hehe) I hate being hurt, I hate holding my female friends hands as they cry because they were mistreated..... again. (But don't get me wrong, women suck, too.) I'm sure there are good men out there getting screwed over by terrible women but I don't understand why the good men can't find the good women and get together for a party.

I'm very warm. I am kind even when I have no reason to be. Just because I keep my emotions to myself doesn't mean that I don't have them!
~Evangaline

2 comments:

  1. A good women/good men party is a fantastic idea. But who do we pass out invites to? :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell if I know, haha. But if I ever find these men, I will let you know. =D

    ReplyDelete