Friday, August 13, 2010

So that whole casual sex thing...

So... I did it.

A friend called me and told me he was in town. This friend just happened to lose his virginity to me about three years ago in a freak accident. lol. We just shrugged and parted ways. He called me and long story short asked if I wanted to do the horizontal mambo with him. Initially, I was going to say no but then the little devil on my left shoulder said, "Why not?"

So he came over and .... *grin* I made him crawl through my window so "he wouldn't wake my roommates" but really it was just to see if he would do it. - he did - And I started to say something and he just grabbed me and stuck his tongue down my throat. *sigh* Don't men know this isn't sexy? Stop being really bad at kissing, mk? It was almost like it didn't matter if I kissed back. So we fell to the bed and ..... fast forward .... we were sitting there staring at the ceiling and I am completely unashamed to say that I just started laughing. Tears falling, gut wrenching laughter.

Casual sex really was meaningless. No emotion, guilt, love, or intense feeling of any kind. It was a big surprise to me. So, .... whatever I guess. It didn't help or hinder me but it was better than some self love for a night. I still think that romantic, love-filled sex is more satisfying but casual sex is A LOT less complicated. Is this what grown-ups do? Or are they just clueless kids with experience?

~Evangaline

8 comments:

  1. I HATE when the guy can't kiss. Ends any hope of sex right then and there. I push them away and tell them to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Sometimes casual sex is just what you need. But yeah, the crappy kissing would have ended it for me too. Even for casual sex, I have standards, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your blog - sorry to hear that you've had some crappy luck in the past but I hope that better times are around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, I have never been a fan, but I guess I should not bash something I have never tried. I give sex wayyy to much credit, and have that whole 'you must be in love' rule engraved in my mind....but really if you think about it - it is just another bodily function

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment covers several of your posts:

    I think we pick our poison unconsciously, regardless of effort. Not a positive statement, unless you do a better job of shopping.

    Case in point, I picked a strong willed partner, as strong as me. After 35 years we're still tugging and demanding of each other.

    You've got a while. Have fun, frustration, and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting post.

    I prefer self-love to casual meaningless sex. Self-love is a lot less work (having to satisfy someone else, getting frustrated if he/she isn't doing what you need, guiding, etc) AND I am guaranteed an orgasm.

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't have agreed more. Casual sex is empty but sometimes you do what you gotta do. It gets old fast though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too was, no still am a Hopeless Romantic and I used to think that sex was something you should do with someone you love. Cynicism and life changed that. I realized that sex and love are two entirely different things.
    I still think that sex with someone you love is alot better in ways, because it's a whole different feeling, atleast to me.
    BUT, casual sex is great in its own way. It's easy, no strings attached and just something you need once in a while.

    ReplyDelete